Following full assessment we offer a bespoke individual treatment plan that is goal orientated, towards functional restoration.
Malaysians are very stoical when it comes to pain and often ‘put up’ and silently suffer. At The Pain Centre the patient is at the centre of our focus. We provide timely, evidence based medical advice and work with highly qualified staff.
Dr Maya Nagaratnam
MBBS (Imperial, Lon) FRCA, FFPMRCA (UK).
Director, The Pain Centre
Visiting Specialist and consultant,
Hospital University Kebangsaan Malaysia.
Dr Maya Nagaratnam is a Pain and Anaesthetic consultant at the Pantai flagship hospital, KL.
She divides her time between the private sector and government hospital with a teaching commitment at HUKM. She completed both her undergraduate and postgraduate training in the United Kingdom and further sub specialised in internationally renowned centres in the UK;
Dr Maya is also a British Medical Acupuncture trained acupuncturist and offers treatments based on western dry needling, pain management. She is one of the few consultants in Malaysia to be admitted into the General Medical Council specialist register in the UK. She has an academic interest and is widely published. In addition she is a mentor and tutor for clinical leadership programmes in the UK and trains Masters Students in Ultrasound guided interventional procedures.
We work with extremely experienced physical therapists at Pantai Integrated Rehab Services offering a wide variety of exercise-based programmes tailored to suit individual client’s needs be it wellness, preventive or return to health.
Pantai Rehab Centre http://www.pantai-rehab.com.my/
Our Recommended Specialists
- 2013. Endometriosis Associated Pelvic Pain Syndrome, British Journal of Pain, in press. J Cambitzi, M Nagaratnam
- 2013. Chronic Pelvic and Urogenital Pain, Journal of Urology News, Mac/Apr vol17. Nagaratnam M
- 2009. Effects of acute and chronic ketamine administration upon components of semantic priming. Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology 2009 Apr;29(2):124-33. Stefanovic A, Brandner B, Klassen E, Cregg R, Nagaratnam M, Bromley L, Das RK, Rossell SL, Morgan C, Curran HV
- 2008. Assessment and Treatment of Pain in children for the generalist. British Journal of Hospital medicine 69(4):211-3. Snidvongs S, Nagaratnam M, and Stephens R
- 2008. Book chapter; Chapter 8 Interventional Techniques for Chronic Pain In Oxford Pain Management Library – Chronic Pain edited by Dickman A, Simpson K H. Oxford University Press (8) pg 93-118. Nagaratnam M, Brandner B
- 2007. Prescribing analgesia for the acute post surgical patient. British Journal of Hospital Medicine; Medical Careers, Jan; 68(1):M7, M10. Nagaratnam M, H Sutton, R. Stephens